Obtaining Documents from the EBSA

October 3, 2012 at 10:46 pm Leave a comment

The EBSA has a resource on their website for obtaining records that include retirement plans.  Located at http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/publications/how_to_obtain_docs.html, the site can be used to obtain old IRS Forms 5500.  A plan sponsor may need to make such a request as part of a plan correction process.  It should be noted that if you are looking for documents as part of correcting the plan, you may also be able to obtain missing records from the IRS.  For example, if a plan sponsor needs old payroll information in order to correct a participant’s plan benefits, the IRS may be able to provide the appropriate person with that information.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!   Please be sure to sign up for my blog and follow me on twitter @ChristineGurney.

I am not selling my own or any one else’s TPA services through this blog.

Entry filed under: Retirement. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

EBSA Retirement Plan Comparison Chart IRS Self-Employed Retirement Plan Resource

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Christine Gurney

A pension professional who shares her thoughts and ideas about the pension world for industry members and anyone else interested.

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Vote in Today’s US Midterm Elections

I Voted

%d bloggers like this: